Jamaican Divas accepts submissions from writers with knowledge of Jamaican lifestyle and patios. Engaging content that appeals to a global Jamaican community are favored, so submit your articles, interview suggestions, and pitch ideas for our consideration.
Primary Audience: Gutsy ambitious, savvy and highly motivated women and men of Jamaican descent and lovers of Jamaican lifestyle.
Featured Diva – this section accepts ideas for profiles with interviews.
Style – This section accepts ideas for fashion, beauty and hair trends, news, and featured pieces.
Living well – This section accepts ideas for food, health and finance, news, trends, and featured pieces.
Relationship – This section accepts ideas for dating, love, sex, news, trends, and featured pieces.
Sus- This section accepts news stories featuring happenings in Jamaica and the diaspora.
Around Town – This section accepts stories and/or photos about events.
- Post must be original content of at least 400-600 words unless it’s a style post.
- Use short sentences and paragraphs and pay close attention to clarity, structure, and flow.
- Ensure posts are publication ready and require minimal editing.
- For sub-headings use H2, H3, or H4 tags.
- Emphasize words by using italics or bold (no underline). Use bullet points where necessary.
- Italicize titles of books and define jargons.
- If submission is a news piece, please ensure accuracy, as we will confirm sources where necessary.
- Posts can include non-self-serving relevant links (none in first paragraph). No third party sponsored links are allowed.
- Include author byline at bottom with formatted link to your blog, LinkedIn, or twitter profile.
- We look for fresh content but if you are submitting an article to be republished, please add at the end of the post “This article was originally published on yourblog.com on date with a link back to the original article.”
By submitting, you are stating you have permission or authorization or clearance to submit posts. Email your submissions to email@example.com, with the email subject “Contribute: [content topic], eg: Contribute: My Story. We reserve the right to edit or reject submissions.
Jamaican Divas, its owner, partners, and collaborators are held blameless for any and all disputes which may arise out of your submissions. By allowing Jamaican Divas to publish your work, you are granting permission for us to use your work in any of our marketing and promotional materials – including websites, social media, newsletter, and more. For photos, please include clearly stated photo credits. This statement will serve as a “Release Form” for all submissions.