Weh yuh seh! Jamaica part of the Global Meatless Monday Movement. In Jamaica there’s a growing awareness of the benefits of more vegetables and reduced meat diet on health. To find out more about Jamaica’s Meatless Monday community visit their Facebook page. So start your week without meat!
Zucchini, Black Bean and Rice Skillet
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1-1/2 cups quartered lengthwise, sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 can (15 oz each) Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic, undrained
- 3/4 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1 cup instant white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans, undrained tomatoes and water. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Add rice; stir well. Cover; remove from heat and let stand 7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese
Via Ready Set Eat