This Salsa is quick and easy to make! Plus it’s delicious served with Jamaican Water Crackers or Cream biscuits. I have made it several times and thought it would be a good addition to your holiday line-up.
originally posted on Chef and Steward
1 small red onion
A bundle of fresh coriander (cilantro),
1 large lemon,
1 scotch bonnet,
Pinch of salt and black pepper
1. Chop tomatoes and add salt to bring out the juices.
2. Finely mince the onion with your blender or food processor in a little sunflower oil (or other plain oil), or you can dice it very small with your knife.
3. Add onions and stir.
4. Squeeze lemon over tomato mixture.
5. Pulse the tomatoes and onions for a little. You want a thick, lumpy salsa, not a purée.
6. Chop cilantro and a little scotch bonnet (no seed) and add to tomatoes.
7. Taste. Adjust with salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
8. Chill for at least 1 hour and serve.
Also great after sitting in the fridge overnight.