Web yuh seh! Jamaica part of the Global Meatless Monday Movement. In Jamaica there’s a growing awareness of the benefits of more vegetables and reduced meat diet on health. To find out more about Jamaica’s Meatless Monday community visit their Facebook page. So start your week without meat!
What on your lunch menu today! Try this light and delicious Chickpea salad.
- 1 can chick pea
- 1/2 cup chopped Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry Cranberries finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon dry Jerk Seasoning (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon dry Italian seasoning (optional)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise or vegan Mayo
- pinch black pepper
- Rinse and drain chickpea. Add to food processor and pulse to a coarsely chopped mixture.
- Add finely chopped celery and cranberries, sunflower seed, all seasonings.
- Stir (be gentle) well. Then add mayo to the mixture in the bowl mix well (with a folding motion).
- Be sure to place in the fridge to chill before serving this healthy chickpea salad.
Salad maybe served with your favorite old wheat or multi-grain bread, pita or with lettuce.