Web yuh seh! Jamaica part of the Global Meatless Monday Movement. In Jamaica there’s a growing awareness of the benefits of more vegetables and reduced meat diet on health. To find out more about Jamaica’s Meatless Monday community visit their Facebook page. So start your week without meat!
Vegetable Curry with Broad Beans
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoon scotch bonnet pepper, chopped optional
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small ginger chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (hot)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup plum tomato, diced 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 stalk escallion, chopped
- 1/2 packet Coconut Milk Powder or can Coconut Milk
- 16oz boxor bag of frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 can Broad Beans
- Heat Vegetable Oil in a sauce pan over medium flame. Add scotch bonnet pepper, half the garlic, ginger, onion and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add curry powder, black pepper, paprika and the remainder of the garlic and onion.
- Mix in the tomato, salt and escallion and cook for about one minutes.
- Combine Coconut Milk Powder with liquid from the Broad Beans and mix well before adding to the simmering mixture. Cook for about 2 minutes. Stir in the Mixed Vegetables, garam masala and Broad Beans. Cover and allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
Recipe Note: Can Vegetables may also be used. If using caned coconut Milk, discard liquid from Broad Beans.