Which is better, for drinking your nutrients juicing or blending? This seems to be a popular question amongst the healthy lifestyle community which doesn’t have a direct answer.
According to most experts, one isn’t better than the other. They both are beneficial in a different way. To help make sense of it all, here is Jamaican Divas take on Juicing versus Blending.
Why we love juicing!
Juicing is a process which extracts water and nutrients from produce and discards all the fiber. Juicing offers:
- Concentrated nutrition
- A quick delivery system for nutrients
- Can be part of a successful weight loss program
- Can start one on the path to healing
Why we love blending!
Blending is the process of finely chopping up the entire fruit or vegetable, skin and all, to produce a smooth consistency. Fiber doesn’t break down as it goes through our GI tract and while this may seem non-beneficial, fiber works its magic by:
- Lowering the risk of chronic disease such as heart disease and diabetes
- Stabilizing blood sugar
- Avoiding and getting rid of constipation
- Helps you fell full longer
- Lowering cholesterol
- Lowering triglycerides
- Keeping the colon healthy – may prevent colon cancer
Whether you choose to blend or juice, you are gifting your body improved health by using these nutrient packed drinks to get more health giving, healing veggies and fruits into your body.
Let mi know which method you prefer or will be trying?